12 Months To The Perfect Wedding Day ♡
You just got engaged and are so excited to get things rolling! But where do you start? Theres so much to do and you don’t want to leave it to the last minute.
We’ve put together a quick guide to help you get your dream wedding day planning started so you can relax and have a bit of fun along the way! By breaking it down into 12 months, you can get all those little important and time consuming jobs done one at a time without feeling overwhelmed.
Let the planning begin!
12 MONTHS PRIOR:
- Register – time to make this thing official!
- Start the hunt for a wedding venue. This one is going to take the most time so it’s vital to start the search early so you don’t miss out on your dream location.
- Party time! Plan and have your engagement party to celebrate this beautiful step in you life with all your loved ones.
10 MONTHS PRIOR:
- Pick a celebrant – find one who suits your vibe. There are so many amazing celebrants out there and you’ll find your perfect match in no time.
- Find a wedding photographer – just like the celebrant, its super important to find someone who is in your price range but also a photographer who understands what you want and has the confidence to provide it! Our E- book: How To Plan Wedding Photos will be a big help with finding a photographer who fits well into your wedding photography vision.
- Organise an engagement shoot – This one is of course optional but definitely something you’ll cherish when looking back and it also gets you comfy in front of the camera with your photographer – kind of like a test run.
8 MONTHS PRIOR:
- One of the most exciting thing for us girls and a good excuse to have a shopping day is: wedding dress try on’s! Time to find that dreamy dress and take it home so you can marry your man.
- Cake tasting is also another very important and sweet one. After the testing is over its time to finalise your decision. It’s going to be tough, because they’ll all be delish!
- Okay… Its hair and make up time!! Find a make up artist who can create magic on your face so you can rest assure knowing you have this covered on your big day because its not something you want to rush!
6 MONTHS PRIOR:
- Book your honeymoon flights and accommodation and any extras like car rentals, day trips and anything else included in your schedule.
- Time to purchase the wedding bands – it’s getting real now! 😉
- Talk to your bridesmaids and find a design that you’re all happy and comfortable with. It’s a good idea to get the girls out together to try on at the same time so you can see it all come together and decide what needs to be altered so your girls look the part. It’s also a very special and lovely memory you can only enjoy once! Have fun with it 🙂
4 MONTHS PRIOR:
- Okay guys, its your turn! Time to find those suits. Get your best men and hit the shops. Once both bride and groom have found outfits, a huge weight is lifted!
- Confirm hair and makeup looks with your selected artist and do a final test.
2 MONTHS PRIOR:
- If you haven’t already done so, mail out those invitations! Time to let everyone know your lovely news and make seat arrangements (if needed).
- Next one is a scary but beautiful one; Write or decide vows. Vows are one of the loveliest parts of the ceremony and it takes time to get them perfect. Just go with what your heart tells you! The right words will come in time.
- Time for accessory shopping! So you have your dress/suit… What shoes are you wearing? And what about jewellery?
- Finalise all transportation – Arrival and departure of wedding events.
6 WEEKS PRIOR:
- Apply for marriage license – This is super exciting because it means you’re so close to your dream coming true <3
- Get everything printed – its good to be organised in times like this. It’ll go along way for your special day to go as smooth as possible!
4 WEEKS PRIOR:
- BACHELORETTE PARTY! Do I need to say anymore? Time to hit the dance floor one last time as a non-married lady girlfriend!
- BUCKS PARTY! Its up to the best men now to organise your man a night he’ll always remember (or forget..) In other words lets aim for good times with lots of beer and loads of laughs.
- BRIDAL SHOWER! Time for everyone to spoil you 😉 Your loved ones now get the chance to gift you and your hubby to be with things for your home and offer words of wisdom and encouragement for your new life on the way.
2 WEEKS PRIOR:
- Final dress fitting – Before you walk down the aisle in your dream wedding dress, you have to make sure it fits you like a glove. We also think having your gown pressed or steamed before picking it up from your bridal salon / alteration/ seamstress can save you valuable time before the big day.
- Review music with DJ/ Band. Every wedding is different, so the music at every wedding should be different, too. It’s should reflect your relationship’s personality and gauge the crowd’s mood and that can change hour to hour. It doesn’t have to be what’s expected, it has to be what feels right to you and your love.
1 WEEK PRIOR:
Final headcount and seating arrangement – Expect 100% of the people you invite will be going but if you miss an rsvp then you’ll need to call, email or text so you can get those numbers to finalise and organise from here on with seat arrangements, etc.
YOUR SPECIAL DAY HAS ARRIVED:
Things to do now –